North Texas Boxing’s Pound for Pound Top 10
1. Jose Hernandez - Junior Lightweight (10-1, 4 KO’s) - Out with a knee injury, but still the best of the best.
2. Derrick James - Cruiserweight (21-7-1, 12 KO’s) - A solid number two, but he’s fast approaching the one year mark for inactivity. Let's get busy, Derrick!
T-3. Hector Beltran - Junior Welterweight (12-1-1, 10 KO’s) - After more than a year and a half out of the ring, “Handsome” Hector got back on the saddle impressively, on the undercard of Luis Yanez’s “Grand Entrance”. NTB fully expects Beltran to steadily climb this list because he is that good.
T-3. Luis Hernandez - Lightweight (10-0, 7 KO’s) - Luis Hernandez fights, Luis Hernandez wins.
T-3. Jesse Lara - Welterweight (16-1-1, 10 KO's) - The "Dallas Kid" is fighting frequently, in crowd pleasing fashion and he's a legitimate threat to take the top spot.
4. Taronze Washington - Middleweight (11-10, 6 KO's) - The reigning Texas Middleweight Champion just added the Texas Junior Middleweight strap to his trophy case. Congrats Champ!
5. Roberto Marroquin - Bantamweight (5-0, 4 KO's) - Looking forward to Marroquin’s next outing in May.
6. Kendrick Releford - Cruiserweight (19-12-2, 9 KO's) - There is a reason he stays busy outside of Texas.
7. Vanessa Juarez - Junior Lightweight (9-0, 2 KO’s) - The "First Lady of North Texas" drops due to inactivity but we understand why
8. Joey Dunmoodie - Super Middleweight (4-1-2, 2 KO's) - After winning his grudge match against James Freeman, Dunmoodie's got a date in May with Ft. Worth action hero Chapp Huggins. A spot on the NTB rankings could be at stake for both.